People are inherently GOOD.
Do you do what you say you will do?
OR is it all talk?
I did a social enquiry via Facebook and asked the following question:
If you had (ZAR) R5 or USD ($0.07) to give would you:
1. Give it to a beggar on the side of the road
2. Buy chocolate or wine
3. Donate it to a crowdfunding site for a mobile app to help millions of people.
The results were amazing:
- 1 person said they would choose 2. because charity starts at home. (Honest answer)
- 1 person said they would choose 1. because it’s the easiest option. (Honest answer)
- 65% said they would choose 3. Donate it to a crowdfunding site for a mobile app to help millions of people
This was an amazing discovery of what people say they would do vs what they would actually do. I asked people why they don’t donate online, the answers were:
- I don’t know how
- Takes too long
- Couldn’t be bothered
These same people were part of the 65% that said they would donate to a crowdfunding site! Go figure, right?
SO HERE IS A CHALLENGE FOR YOU IF YOU DARE!
How many of you:
- Spend 2 – 100 ZAR, USD, BP or whatever your currency is per month giving to beggars?
- Spend up to 100 ZAR, USD, BP or whatever your currency is per month at the casino?
- Spend up to 100 ZAR, USD, BP or whatever your currency is per month or an item you don’t actually need?
- Would like to give ANY AMOUNT for a good cause but never get round to doing it?
How many of you believe that an automated emergency SOS911 app on your phone could help or even save your child, wife, mother, father, family member, friend or even yourself when faced in a situation where you need immediate help, for example hijacking, rape, kidnapping, elderly falling, ambulance……..to name a few.
My Goal is to get a donation from 1 Million people. Any amount you believe in your heart is good, will help.
Then I challenge you to send this to your friends and family and see if their hearts are as big as your.
GO AHEAD, DO SOMETHING GOOD!
Click on the Donate button, it takes 5 minutes out of your day. Then challenge your friends and family to be part of the change.
Alana de Vries